I saw this on Facebook recently - someone had a brilliant trick with a whole watermelon (I don't know why these things are always called 'hacks') which enables you to turn the fruit into a refreshing drink in less than a minute - without needing to peel and cut it up and put it in a blender.
On Saturday I went to a barbecue at the home of Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker, who is a good friend of mine. She'd seen this Facebook clip as well and had tried it out, with perfect results! She had more than one watermelon so demonstrated again to a rapt audience, and allowed me to film it and put it on my blog.
All you need is a whole watermelon - putting it in a bowl to keep it steady like Ros does here is a good idea. Use a sharp knife to cut a square out of the top of the watermelon, large enough for the paddle beaters of a hand mixer. You can take one of the beaters out and just use one if you like.
Stick the mixer into the watermelon, and turn it on! Ros said you can tell when you've mixed it enough - then all you do is turn it upside down and pour out the watermelon juice!
It's brilliant and a real party trick. The juice tasted lovely, though was quite thick, so I mixed mine with lemonade and added a shot of vodka for a very refreshing cocktail.
clicksor_enable_inter = true; clicksor_maxad = -1;
clicksor_hourcap = -1; clicksor_showcap = 2;
clicksor_enable_adhere = false;
//default pop-under house ad url
clicksor_enable_pop = true; clicksor_frequencyCap = -1;
durl = '';clicksor_mobile_redirect = false;
//default banner house ad url
clicksor_default_url = '';
clicksor_banner_border = '#fec700'; clicksor_banner_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF';
clicksor_banner_link_color = '#000000'; clicksor_banner_text_color = '#666666';
clicksor_banner_image_banner = false; clicksor_banner_text_banner = false;
clicksor_layer_border_color = '#fec700';
clicksor_layer_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF'; clicksor_layer_ad_link_color = '#000000';
clicksor_layer_ad_text_color = '#666666'; clicksor_text_link_bg = '';
clicksor_text_link_color = ''; clicksor_enable_text_link = false;
This was both the most memorable meal of my life, and the most forgettable, because I can barely recall what I ate (though luckily for this ...
Not to be confused with Jansson's Temptation, which is something different entirely - this dessert is inspired by my favourite 80s m...
This is one of the best cupcakes ever, in my opinion – I created the recipe myself and was surprised at how good it was. One of my friend...
Did you know that the average family in the UK throws away £60 worth of food and drink every month? That sounds like a huge amount, but...
It was a year ago this month that my boyfriend and I bought and moved into our lovely house. We spent a couple of months working all-out...
I got the Sizzix Big Shot Plus machine for Christmas – which I imagine a good proportion of you have never heard of. It’s a die cutting ...
The Hobbycraft press show - another Christmas in July event - was much smaller than some of the others I've been to, but much more fun ...
White Chicken Adobo, Adobong Puti is another version of my Adobong Puti . This time I have adopted the recipe from my post, Food Safari...
Tinolang Manok sa Upo . Chicken tinola is one of my favorite soup dish I have been experimenting or trying to cook it with vegetables o...
- ► 2016 (259)
- Schwartz Grill Mates
- Premier Inn Purple Sauce review
- The Alphabakes Roundup - Z
- F1 Foods: Belgium roundup and the next challenge: ...
- How to have a Vegan Barbecue
- WIN: Bake In Black Review, Giveaway & Chocolate Cr...
- Restaurant Review: YouMeSushi, London
- Summer Strawberry-themed Baby Shower
- Meal Planning Monday Week 35
- Layered Chocolate Pudding and Ozeri Double-Walled ...
- Belgian Chocolate Wedding Cake
- Courgetti (Zucchini Noodles) with Tomato and Red P...
- Sticky Orange Chicken Thighs
- Keep Me Going: Cereal Review
- Meat-Free Barbecue with Quorn
- Meal Planning Monday Week 34
- Embellished Photo Greetings Cards
- Scrapbooking: a great way to preserve memories
- Strawberry and Flaxseed Smoothie
- F1 Foods: Hungary Round-Up and the next challenge:...
- Vegan Meringue and Pavlova (yes it exists!)
- Watermelon Smoothie Mixer Hack (and a cocktail)
- Meal Planning Monday Week 33
- Family Photo Letter Collage
- Non-alcoholic Drinks for Barbecue
- Deliciously Ella Brazil Nut and Rocket Pesto Pasta...
- Restaurant Reviews: Guatemala
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Blondies
- How to Make a Zebra Cake - Duff Goldman Cake Mix R...
- Meal Planning Monday Week 32
- Baby Shower Invitation Card
- Alphabakes challenge: August 2015
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2014 (121)
Powered by Blogger.