Monday, May 2, 2016

Meal Planning Monday 2016 Week 19


Last weekend was a bit of a blow-out - it was my birthday on Friday and my hen weekend on Saturday and Sunday! With about 6 weeks to go until the wedding I really need to get back on the diet, which has been working, though I'm still going to be about twice the size of my very slim bridesmaids! Which is pretty good motivation to eat healthily....

Monday - bank holiday
Lunch: salad
Dinner: spiralized veg with broccoli pesto for me, sausage and mash for him

Tuesday - working from home as I'm at the doctor
Lunch: chickpea and salmon salad similar to this recipe
Dinner: vegetable stir-fry with chicken or prawns for me, something from the freezer for him

Wednesday
Lunch: chicken salad
Dinner: vegetable stir-fry with chicken or prawns for me, the other half is round at his mum's

Thursday
Lunch: as Tuesday
Dinner: out with one of the groomsmen to get to know him before the wedding

Friday
Lunch: chicken salad
Dinner: Thai chicken tacos from this recipe with tortillas for him and lettuce for me

Saturday - my fiancé has to work today but my bridesmaids are coming for their dress fittings
Lunch: at least one bridesmaid is staying to lunch, I think I will take them to a nearby café in Carshalton.
Dinner: not sure if one bridesmaid who lives further away is staying overnight or not; also not sure what time my fiancé will be home from work (it will probably be late). I'll do tequila-marinated chicken wings from my Mexican cookery book with homemade wedges. For dessert I'll do Bunelo Stars with ice cream from the same book.

Sunday
Lunch: Ploughman's lunch hopefully sitting out in the garden
Dinner: hopefully if the weather is nice, our first barbecue of the year so I won't do anything fancy - I'm just looking forward to a burger and sausage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment