Thursday, May 5, 2016

Slimming World Creamy Coriander and Minted Chicken


This recipe comes from the Slimming World All In One cookbook. To me it tasted a lot like a curry, but perhaps a little bit different; I really liked the addition of fresh mint but my fiancé said afterwards it was nice but would have been better without the mint!

The recipe is Free on Extra Easy or Original and 9.5 syns on Green.

It does look like you need a lot of ingredients but a lot of them are store cupboard staples - if you like to cook from scratch you probably already have, or will easily use up, things like coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli powder.

To serve 4, you need:
low calorie cooking spray, eg Fry Light
2 onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
2 cloves (I left these out)
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed (I used garlic puree)
2 cardamom pods
2cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated (I used ground ginger for convenience)
1 cinnamon stick (I snapped mine into two pieces)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
salt, pepper
4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped (neither of us eats whole tomatoes and I didn't think it was worth opening a tin of tomatoes so I left this out, which I'm sure did change the flavour of the finished dish but I preferred it this way)
200ml chicken stock
large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
small handful of fresh mint, chopped
100g fat free natural fromage frais



Spray a wok or large frying pan with the oil and add the onion, cloves, garlic and cardamom to the pan, stir-frying for a few minutes. Then add the other spices including the cinnamon stick and bay leaf and cook for a few minutes.

Add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes stock and simmer for 5-7 mins until the chicken is cooked through.

To serve, stir in the fromage frais, fresh coriander and mint.

0 comments:

Post a Comment