Sunday, May 8, 2016

Restaurant Review: Cashmore Inn, Cashmore, Dorset

It's amazing how many little things there are to think about when you're planning a wedding. Two months before the big day my fiancé and I went down to our wedding venue (near my parents' house in Wiltshire) for a three-hour meeting with the event coordinator. We covered everything from final menu choice to what time we were slicing the cake to the fact that we needed a PA system so everyone could hear the vows.
 
 
By the time we were finished it was nearly 1pm and we were ready for lunch. I’d had a look online in advance to find a nearby pub that did light lunches, sandwiches and so on, and decided the Cashmore Inn looked good – it’s actually a B&B and some of our family and friends are staying there for our wedding.
 
 
When we arrived, I noted how pretty it looked – a nice little country pub. I’d only looked at the menu on their website a few days before so was surprised to be told when we entered that it had changed and they were now an Italian restaurant!
 
I wasn’t sure what to expect and while I’d gone in wanting a light lunch, I decided against the filled ciabattas (nice as they sounded, served with chips and a salad as well) and since my fiancé wanted a pizza I thought I’d have the same. He also wanted the cheesy garlic bread – he’s very predictable, and I knew he was going to order a margarita pizza as well, and I was right.
 
 
I chose the polpettini pizza, with steak mince meatballs, caramelized onion, tomato, mozzarella and basil, and it was absolutely amazing, with the onion bringing a delicious sweetness. The base was particularly good - the chef came out while I was in the bathroom and my fiancé told me afterwards that the chef is from Italy and makes the pizza bases himself with flour imported from Italy. I can imagine people come to the Cashmore Inn from miles around for the food - and if you are heading down to the West Country via the A354 it's definitely somewhere to stop!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment